Friday, September 2, 2016

T-Minus 3 Days.

Three Days. 

This is the amount of time I have left until I embark on the greatest adventure in my lifetime so far. At this time next week  I will be in Ireland anxiously waiting to meet my roommates, start classes, and begin my four month long solo living adventure in Cork, Ireland.
Last year at this time I was moving into my shared dorm at Eastern Maine Community College with no idea what the George J. Mitchell Scholarship was let alone that I would be a recipient of the award. My plans for that coming school year was to 1) Stay out of trouble. 2) Keep my grades up. 3) Graduate. All of my goals were accomplished but somewhere along the way a fourth goal sprung up which was 4) Apply for the George J. Mitchell Scholarship. I found out about the Mitchell scholarship one day as I walked through the lobby of Kineo Hall and saw a new dark green poster posted on the doors. Being a curious person I read all new bulletins and did no different with this. Immediately following reading the small excerpt on the paper I knew I wanted to apply.

Ireland. Study. Free.

Who could not take advantage of that? Being someone whose favorite things are school and adventure it seemed to be the perfect combination of both worlds.


I will say the application was more of a daunting, time-consuming process than I initially thought, but I'll go into more detail of that in a later blog post. Every rough draft, prep interview, and stressful minute was worth it.
Three days is all I have until a new chapter in my life starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment